the world as i see it through my chanel shades.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kinky Curly v. Miss Jessies




For all of my natural sista's- this ones for you! As a natural woman myself I've been on the constant search for products on how to up-keep my natural locks- and these two products were by far the two the most popular product lines for natural hair. Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding is a leave-in conditioner that brings out your natural curl pattern by giving the hair cuticle weight. It costs 38.oo and comes in three different sizes. What I like about the Curly Pudding was the consistency- it was true to its pudding name but i did NOT like the smell of this product. The smell was very strong and grape like- almost like Robitussin. :( I also did not like the way my hair came out- I have 4a/4b curls and I wasn't satisfied with the curl. Kinky Curly Curling Custard is a clear cement glue like custard that smells amazing! It definitely smells like some kind of vanilla baked cookies. After a couple of days, this product starts to flake and it gets annoying. If you buy Kinky Curly Curling Custard be sure to buy the whole line of products to make sure of your hair not looking flaky. Besides that i liked the way my hair came out- very corkscrewish. This product retails at 29.99. Overall I would recommend the Kinky Curly Curling Custard over Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding due to the better outcome of curls with Kinky Curly. But I encourage you to try both- different strokes for different folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment