the world as i see it through my chanel shades.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Au Natural (to be or not to be)


My love affair with my naps has been a bumpy road. My first big chop (BC) was in the spring of 2006, but that failed when i got a relaxer and a rihanna-esk hair cut. But I missed my naps so in the late summer of 2009 I cut all of my relaxed hair off and tried to do the au natural thing again. In 2009 was my first year in college and I was feeling a great sense of black pride which is why I am blogging to you today. I really wanted to know what you guys think of the whole natural phenomenon. I'm at the stage where my hair isn't my desired length and lately I've just been rocking wigs. Should I hold on to my curly ques or should i become another victim of the black hair salons? I promised myself I'd keep my hair natural until my one year anniversary of nappiness in august. But after august where do I go next? Ladies- if your trying to stay natural stay tuned for my product reviews! But the question still lies- au natural... to be or not to be...

2 comments:

  1. I say keep it natural. Not everyone can rock that look well. If you have the head/face shape for it and the commitment (which I don't) to keep it up, then why not? Processed hair is overrated. And although I'm guilty as charged, I often wish I had the courage to step outside of my comfort zone and do something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay natural! i love the different styles that you do with ya au naturale look.

    ReplyDelete